Pursuant to Section 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (amended) notice is hereby given that Limerick City and County Council being the Planning Authority for the area, has prepared a Draft Local Area Plan (LAP) for the Southern Environs.
The Draft Southern Environs Local Area Plan 2021-2027 comprises a written statement and maps and is accompanied by:
- A Strategic Environmental Assessment Report on the likely effects on the environment of implementing the Local Area Plan, Pursuant to the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 - 2011
- Appropriate Assessment Natura Impact Statement – pursuant to the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and a
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
Public Display of the Draft Southern Environs Local Area Plan 2021 – 2027
In response to the current Level 5 Covid-19 Protocols, the public display arrangements for viewing the Draft Southern Environs Local Area Plan in Council Offices and Public Libraries have changed.
The Draft Southern Environs Local Area Plan is on public display from Saturday 10th October 2020 to Monday 23rd November 2020.
The Draft Plan is available to view in hard copy during normal opening hours at the Limerick City and County Council Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick. Please note that due to Covid-19 protocols, attendance at Council Offices is currently by appointment only. Please contact the Forward/Strategic Planning Department in advance to book an appointment to view the Draft Plan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 061 – 556508.
Please note: Public display arrangements and opening times will be kept under review in light of emerging Government guidance relating to the management of Covid-19 and may be subject to change if necessitated by circumstances relating to Covid-19.
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA):
In complying with SEA Directive (2001/42/EC) and the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 to 2011, Limerick City & County Council has carried out a Strategic Environmental Assessment Report on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the plan.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in accordance with the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC)
Submissions/Observations may be made in respect of the Draft Southern Environs Local Area Plan and associated Environment Report, Natura Impact Statement and Flood Report. All submissions made by 5.00 p.m. on the 23rd of November 2020 will be taken into consideration and included in the Chief Executives Report.
Submissions/Observations may be made as follows:
- Online at mypoint.limerick.ie
- Email to email@example.com or
- In writing to Forward/Strategic Planning, Limerick City and County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick.
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy, online or e-mail.
Any submissions or observations shall state your name, address and where relevant, the body or organization represented. Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions or observations to the proposed LAP.
The details including the names of those making submissions may be shared with relevant Council Departments or their agents involved in the making of the Local Area Plan and may form part of reports linked to the making of the Local Area Plan.
The Chief Executive’s Report outlining submissions and observations received will include the names of those who made submissions or observations and will be included in the agenda for the Council Meetings and will be published on the Limerick City and County Council website.
If your require more details, please contact Karen Burke or Liz Bolger on 061-557480 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A/Director of Services,
Economic Development Directorate.
Download the latest documents
- Draft Southern Environs Local Area Plan 2021 - 2027
- Data Protection Privacy Statement for the Southern Environs Local Area Plan 2021 - 2027
- Southern Environs Local Area Plan Pre-Draft Issues Paper
- Notice of Ministerial Direction in relation to Limerick County Development Plan 2010-2016 September 2014
- Notice of having adopted an amendment to the Southern Environs Local Area Plan 2011-2017
- Chief Executives Report May 2016 (Extend the life of the Southern Environs
- Public Notice - Extension of Local Area Plan
- Southern Environs Local Area Plan 2011-2017 (Extended until May 2021)