Limerick City and County Council is part of the Mid-West Region (Limerick, Clare and Tipperary) for Major Emergency Management.
The Principal Response Agencies and members of the Mid-West Region are:
- Limerick City and County Council
- Clare County Council
- Tipperary County Council
- HSE West
- An Garda Síochána
The Mid West region is managed by a Regional Steering Group and supported by a Regional Working Group.
The Regional Steering Group comprises of senior personnel from each Principal Response Agency.
The primary role of the Regional Steering Group on Major Emergency Management is to ensure the following.
- The regional aspects of preparedness set out in the Framework are delivered.
- Annual budget to support regional preparedness activities is provided.
- Regional level major emergency management development programme is prepared and implemented.
- Regional level risk assessment is carried out.
- Appropriate mitigation steps are taken in respect of priority risks.
- Plan for Regional Level Co-ordination is prepared.
- Local and Regional Co-ordination Centres are designed and developed.
- Output from each Principal Response Agency’s preparedness assessment is reviewed and validated.
The Regional Working Group is responsible for supporting the Regional Steering Group and progressing major emergency management within the region. The Regional Working Group consists of key personnel in each Principal Response Agency.