Severe weather updates.
- 5th March 2018 @ 11am: Resources focused on west and southwest of Limerick post Storm Emma
- 4th March 2018 @ 11.15am: Concentration of clear-up in south of county as thaw sets in across Limerick
- 3rd March 2018 @ 5.30pm: Orange weather warning remains in force as thaw sets in post Storm Emma
- 3rd March 2018: Additional stocks of salt brought in as further heavy accumulation of snow overnight
- 2nd March 2018 @ 9.10pm: People need to remain vigilant as Orange weather warning remains in force
- 2nd March 2018 @ 1.45pm: People need to remain vigilant as RED weather warning remains in force
- 2nd March 2018 @ 11.30am: Untreated roads are treacherous as motorists urged to drive with extreme caution on all Limerick roads
- 1st March 2018 @ 3pm: Update Statement from Limerick City and County Council, the HSE, An Garda Síochána and the Defence Forces
- 1st March 2018 @ 11am: Gritting of strategic road network to continue ahead of arrival of Storm Emma
- 28th February 2018 @ 6pm: UPDATE Severe Weather
- 28th February 2018: Public should be at home for duration of status RED weather alert and make no unnecessary journeys
- 28th February 2018: Due to the status RED weather alert Limerick City and County Council offices will close to members of the public at 1pm on Thursday 01 March and will re-open on Monday 05 March at 9am
The public are reminded to monitor Met Éireann forecasts for their area and to be aware of the weather conditions and to heed safety warnings.
For more information about being prepared for adverse weather conditions, click here.
Emergency Contact Numbers
- Dial 999/112 for emergency services only
- Limerick City and County Council 061 556000 | Out of Hours 061 417833
- ESB Networks 1850 372 999
- Gas Networks Ireland 1850 205 050
- The Limerick Homeless Action Team 061 481212 normal business hours, or out of hours 1800 606060
- For any water issues e.g. leaks, loss of water, dirty water, sewage issues, please contact Irish Water on 1850 278 278