Town and Village Renewal Scheme 2019

The Town and Village Renewal Scheme 2019 was launched by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Mr. Michael Ring TD on 16th April 2019. The Town and Village Renewal Scheme is a key initiative under the Action Plan for Rural Development Realising Our Rural Potential and Project Ireland 2040 and is designed to help rural Ireland achieve its full economic and social potential.

The process of rejuvenating Ireland’s rural towns and villages to make them more attractive places to live, work and visit commenced in 2016 when the Government launched a new Town and Renewal Scheme. Since then, almost €53 million has been allocated to more than 670 projects in towns and villages across Ireland under the Scheme.

The Scheme is specifically targeted at rural towns and villages with populations of less than 10,000 people. Applications from towns and villages can range from €20,000 and the maximum is generally €100,000. Up to 80% of the total cost of a project under the Town and Village Renewal Scheme will be provided for any individual project with the remaining 20% match funding to be provided.

For 2019, the main focus of the Town and Village Renewal Scheme will be on public-realm type activities and the enhancement of town centre amenities. Measures to encourage town centre living will also be welcome. The selection process will be by means of a competitive process. Funding of up to €200,000 will also be considered for a limited number of projects which can deliver exceptionally strong economic benefit to a town or village and its outlying areas.

Limerick City and County Council is seeking expressions of interest from town / village groups who may have suitable project(s) for consideration under this competitive scheme. All expressions of interest will be assessed based on the priorities as contained in the Scheme Outline after the closing date. A maximum of 12 proposals will be selected by Limerick City and County Council which will be developed into detailed applications and submitted to the Department of Rural and Community Development by the end of June 2019.

We are urging all interested parties from towns and villages in Limerick to complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form (available to download from the supporting documents below) and return it to the Urban and Rural Community Development Department, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick V94 EH90 or email: townandvillagerenewal@limerick.ie.

Expression of Interest forms must be submitted by 4pm on Friday 24th May 2019.

Expression of Interest Form and Scheme Outline are available to download below.


Contact Information

Urban and Rural Community Development Department
Limerick City and County Council
Merchants Quay
Limerick
V94 EH90

Email: townandvillagerenewal@limerick.ie

Phone: +353 61 557117

This service is provided by

Urban and Rural Community Development Department

Phone +353 61 556000
Location
Limerick City and County Council, Merchant's Quay, Limerick V94 EH90