Limerick City and County Council and Limerick Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) invite applications for funding under the Department of Rural and Community Development’s Local Enhancement Programme 2024.
Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD, announced a new €6 million capital fund to support small community groups and organisations. Please click here to view the press release.
The Local Enhancement Programme 2024 is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and administered by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) and the final approval of grants will be a matter for the LCDC. Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply. Commercial organisations and individuals are not eligible for funding.
Limerick has received an allocation of €217,253.09 for projects under the Scheme to assist community groups across the county.
The Local Enhancement Programme 2024 will support groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas to carry out necessary repairs and small capital works/improvements to their facilities, and/or the purchase of equipment for community use, such as tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies and training equipment etc.
All applications for funding under this programme will be reviewed and assessed to ensure consistency with the Limerick Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP).
In deciding the final allocations of funding to projects, the LCDC may take account of a number of factors including geographical balance, previous funding received by the applicant and the desirability to fund a variety of projects. The relative disadvantage of the area where the facility is located or the area it serves will form part of the decision process along with cross-reference being made to the HP (Hasse Pobal) Deprivation Index. Click here for link.
Before you start – We recommend that you have the following to hand
- Charitable Status Number (if applicable)
- Tax Reference Number (if applicable)
- Tax Clearance Access Number (if applicable)
- Letter from Revenue dated within the last three months stating whether your group/organisation is registered for VAT or not
- Details of Previous funding /grants received e.g. LEADER, CEP etc.
- XY ITM Coordinates – View Simple Guide to finding XY coordinates here
- Bank Statement Header – recent and in applicant group name
- Quotations will be required. See Section 2 of Application Form for further details
Your application is dependent on the submission of these supporting documents
How To Apply
Application forms can be completed online via the following link. The closing date for submission of applications is 12 noon on Friday 23rd February 2024.
- Please review the Scheme Guidelines in full for all information here.
- All questions on the form must be answered and supporting documentation uploaded where specified.
- Any queries can be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 061-556344 or 061-557365
Closing date will be strictly adhered to.