On 25th January 2023 the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD) announced the launch of the ‘Community Recognition Fund 2023’ targeted at projects in communities hosting Beneficiaries of Temporary Protection and/or International Protection applicants: To recognise their contribution to the emergency response.
The broad aim of this €50m fund is to develop or improve facilities that will benefit the broader community into the future. Limerick City and County Council has been awarded €1,389,505 for this fund.
The scheme details set out that only areas which have high levels of new arrivals will be deemed eligible for this scheme. In Limerick those areas are:
- Limerick City and Urban Suburbs
Limerick City and County Council is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) for project proposals from community groups in the areas listed above.
This fund is for capital costs only – Operational Costs/salaries/programs will not be eligible.
The EOI has two categories available for possible types of projects that can be funded under the scheme.
- Category (1) covering Capital Works above €5,000 for the following;
- The refurbishment of local sports clubs and facilities
- The upgrade of community facilities such as play areas, walkways, parks and community gardens
- The enhancement of school or parish facilities that are open to the wider community after hours or on weekends
- Transport infrastructure such as community vehicles and bus shelters
All elements regarding Category (1) projects must be 60% completed in full and expended by 30th September 2023.
- Category (2) covering equipment to a maximum value of €4,999 for the following;
- The purchase of equipment to benefit local clubs, festivals, music and arts organisations.
All elements regarding Category (2) projects must be completed and expended by 30th August 2023.
Expressions of Interest can be submitted online using the following link
Proposed project details within the identified areas should be submitted online by close of business on 7th March 2023.
Please note the selection of projects under the scheme will be by means of a competitive process and Expression of Interest (EOI) will be assessed based on the eligibility criteria and the information provided in the EOI. Priority shall be given to projects that can demonstrate the ability to be of benefit to the wider community and delivered within the required deadlines. The award of funding will be the decision of the Department of Rural and Community Development.
For further information please contact:
Phone: 061 556000