The Community Activities Fund is a once-off fund which will be allocated under the Department’s Community Enhancement Programme and will be administered locally by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) and the final approval of grants will be a matter for the LCDC.
Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD, have announced a €9 million fund to support community groups impacted by Covid-19.
The allocation for Limerick is €305,884.
What projects are eligible for funding?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/ recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/ recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of Covid-19
- Maintenance of premises
- Utility bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges)
- Operating costs (e.g. existing rental/ lease costs, insurance bills)
- Website maintenance
- Audit and accountancy fees
The Community Activities Fund will support groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas
- With their non-pay running costs for example utility bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges) or other non-pay operating costs for example rental/lease costs, insurance bills. Only running/operating costs relating to 1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022 are eligible.
- Groups will also be able to use the funding to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities, purchase equipment such as tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies and training equipment
All applications for funding under this programme will be reviewed and assessed to ensure consistency with the Limerick Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP).
In deciding the final allocations of funding to projects, the LCDC may take account of a number of factors including geographical balance, previous funding received by the applicant and the desirability to fund a variety of projects. The relative disadvantage of the area where the facility is located or the area it serves will form part of the decision process along with cross-reference being made to the HP (Hasse Pobal) Deprivation Index. Click here for link.
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the 2021 application form. Application form and Guidelines can be downloaded in the supporting documents at the end of the page.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12pm on Friday 28th January, 2022. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Completed application forms, including supporting documentation, to be submitted by email or by post:
Community Activities Fund
Urban & Rural Community Development
Limerick City and County Council
Limerick V94 EH90