The Stony Thursday Book is seeking submissions from local, national and international poets for its next issue, to be published in 2019.
The Stony Thursday Book was founded by Limerick poets John Liddy and Jim Burke in 1975, and has been edited by poets Mark Whelan, Kevin Byrne, Patrick Bourke, Knute Skinner, Thomas McCarthy, Ciarán O’Driscoll, Mary Coll, Jo Slade, Paddy Bushe, Peter Sirr, Mary O’Donnell, John Davies, and Nessa O’Mahony.
The Stony Thursday Book is one of the longest-running literary journals in Ireland and celebrates its 43rd edition in 2019.
The Editor of the Stony Thursday Poetry Book for 2019 has yet to be announced.
How to Submit
- Each poet should submit no more than 6 poems.
- Submitted poems must be previously unpublished.
- Each poet should submit a short bio (max 100 words).
- When submitting poems by post please write your name on each page. Please mark envelopes: The Stony Thursday Book No. 17.
- When submitting by email please reference TSTB No 17 in your subject line and please attach all poems in a single file attachment (pdf or doc).
Closing Date for Submissions: To be confirmed
Please note: By submitting you are giving Limerick City and County Council permission to add you to our Stony Thursday mailing list and to share your details with the relevant third parties in order to facilitate publication, i.e. Editor and Publisher.
For any queries please phone: +353 61 556370
Post: The Stony Thursday Book No. 17
Limerick Culture & Arts Office
Many thanks to those who have already submitted poems.
The Stony Thursday Poetry Book is funded by The Arts Council and Limerick City and County Council.