Limerick City and County Council are pleased to announce an open call for applications to the new Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary. The closing date for applications is 5pm, Thursday 31 October 2019.
The Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary from Limerick City and County Council
Dolores O’Riordan, singer, songwriter and lead vocalist with The Cranberries, was one of Ireland’s most enduringly popular artists. This music bursary is an award to honour her memory and to support a Limerick professional musician to develop their career.
This scheme is in line with the Limerick Cultural Strategy Aim and Objective 1:
To grow Limerick’s cultural capacity by retaining and attracting creative practitioners to live and work in Limerick
- Support and develop the creativity of individual artists in Limerick through recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work as well as its presentation and exhibition
- Encourage the highest standards of creativity and excellence in all aspects of cultural activities
Limerick City and County Council invites applications from professional musicians who wish to be considered for a Bursary of up to €4,000 for the development of work/professional skills. Artists based in in Limerick City and County Council’s administrative area, or operating substantially within Limerick City and County can apply for a Bursary.
Purpose of the Awards
The Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary Award scheme is to support professional musicians to develop their artistic practice. It is designed to support the development of Limerick based professional musicians through any means that will demonstratively contribute to an artist’s development such as:
- Costs relating to the production of a specific body of new artistic work -development of new work for performance, presentation or recording.
- Costs relating to improving your knowledge - research or short-term courses in Ireland or a structured mentoring relationship.
- Costs relating to improving your professional capacity – such as website development, or documentation.
- Other- or any purpose that contributes to the removal of existing barriers to an artist’s development.
This competitive open call, offers the opportunity for funding for the Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary until 31 December 2019. In order to extend the length of the opportunity into the first three months of 2020, it must be agreed in writing with the Culture and Arts Office.
Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary Award is a maximum of €4,000. This is a competitive award and it is expected that many more applications will be received than it is possible for Limerick City and County Council to support.
Please read the Eligibility Guidelines and Criteria carefully before completing your application.
Application forms and guidelines are available below or from the Limerick Culture & Arts Office, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Telephone: +353 61 556370.
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Thursday 31 October 2019.