Applications are invited from within the following towns and villages for funding of streetscape and shopfront enhancement projects under the 2021 Town and Village Streetscape Enhancement scheme.
The maps below outline the eligible areas within the selected towns.
- Abbeyfeale (see map here)
- Askeaton (see map here)
- Bruff (see map here)
- Kilmallock (see map here)
- Newcastle West (see map here)
- Rathkeale (see map here)
Commercial, residential or unoccupied buildings only in the areas highlighted on the maps above are eligible to apply for the scheme.
Our Rural Future is the Government’s five-year strategy to revitalise rural Ireland and includes a commitment to upgrade and enhance shopfronts and street facades in our rural towns and villages. This activity will be funded by the Department of Rural & Community Development (DRCD) through this 2021 Streetscape Enhancement Measure. This is an additional Measure introduced as part of the Town & Village Renewal Scheme.
The focus of this measure is to support the upgrade and enhancement of shopfronts and street facades of defined areas within selected rural town/village centres.
- Green enhancement of entrances/ terraces with planting (Maximum grant funding €500)
- Painting of building/shopfront in carefully selected colours which will complement the host building and streetscape.
- Mural which must be agreed in advance with Local Authority (Maximum grant funding €1,500)
- Decluttering and repair of shopfronts; decluttering can include such works as removing unnecessary signs, flagpoles, wiring etc (Maximum grant funding €2,000)
- Careful illumination and lighting of architectural features of buildings. (Maximum grant funding €4000)
- Improvements to shopfront window displays and staging. (Maximum grant funding €4000)
- Replacement of signage with traditional wooden fascia with wooden/hand painted lettering OR contemporary design (Maximum grant funding €4000)
- Canopies/Awnings complementary to the materials of the shopfront and building (including street furniture) (Maximum grant funding €4000)
- Replacement of existing shopfront with traditional painted wooden shopfront OR contemporary design (Maximum grant funding €4000)
- Maximum per building €8,000
Grant funding will be provided at the following rates:
- 70% for Individual premises – matched funding 30%
- 80% for Joint applications (groups of 3 or more adjacent premise)s – matched funding 20%
- 100% – Where painting is undertaken by direct labour by applicant
The Streetscape Enhancement Scheme is now closed for applications.
Should you have any queries in relation to this scheme please email email@example.com or contact Tom Joyce (061 557531) or Karen Collins (061 557117).