Not Around Us is about promoting an environment where it is easier for those who smoke to quit and stay quit and to help de-normalise smoking for the next generation. Not Around Us is another step Towards a Tobacco Free Limerick.
The purpose of Not Around Us
- Helping to protect children and young people from second-hand smoke exposure
- Contributing to the de-normalisation of smoking for children and young people
- Reducing the environmental nuisance, cost of cleaning and damage that discarded tobacco products create
- Signposting to HSE Quit services
Overview of Not Around Us
Not Around Us is funded by Healthy Ireland and the HSE.
Not Around Us involves the:
- Creation of a new brand, Not Around Us
- Design and production of signage for use in outdoor places and spaces where children and young people are likely to be
- Launch of Not Around Us the same week as World No Tobacco Day 2019
- The signage made available to interested early years services and not-for-profit groups and organisations across Limerick city and county. Signage upgraded in Limerick City and County Council managed playgrounds.
- Not Around Us graphics and resources made available for download from Limerick.ie
- Ongoing communications