The Stony Thursday Book is seeking submissions from local, national and international poets for its next issue, to be published in 2019.
The Stony Thursday Book was founded by Limerick poets John Liddy and Jim Burke in 1975, and has been edited by poets Mark Whelan, Kevin Byrne, Patrick Bourke, Knute Skinner, Thomas McCarthy, Ciarán O’Driscoll, Mary Coll, Jo Slade, Paddy Bushe, Peter Sirr, Mary O’Donnell, John Davies, and Nessa O’Mahony.
The Stony Thursday Book is one of the longest-running literary journals in Ireland and celebrates its 43rd edition in 2019.
The Editor of the Stony Thursday Poetry Book for 2019 has yet to be announced.
How to Submit
- Each poet should send no more than 6 poems.
- Submitted poems must be previously unpublished.
- Each poet should submit a short bio (max 100 words).
- Submissions are being accepted by email and by post.
- When submitting poems by post please write your name on each page. Please mark envelopes: The Stony Thursday Book No.17
- When submitting by email please reference TSTB No. 17 in your subject line and please attach all poems in a single file attachment (pdf or doc).
Please note: By submitting you are giving Limerick City and County Council permission to add you to our Stony Thursday mailing list and to share your details with the relevant third parties in order to facilitate publication, i.e. Editor and Publisher.
Contact Information - Poetry Submission
By email: email@example.com
By post: The Stony Thursday Book No. 17
Limerick Culture & Arts Office
Closing Date for Submissions: To be confirmed
For any queries please phone: +353 61 556370
Please ensure that you receive a confirmation of receipt for your poetry submission.
Many thanks to those who have already submitted poems.
The Stony Thursday Poetry Book is funded by The Arts Council and Limerick City and County Council.