The Tourism Sector Support Scheme will pay a financial support to occupiers of commercial properties, directly linked to the tourism and hospitality Sector. The property types that qualify for the scheme include Hotels, Licensed Houses, Restaurants / Cafes and Hostels.
In order to qualify, the total annual Commercial Rates liability must be in excess of €25,000 (Businesses with a Rate Demand less than €25,000 already qualify for the SME Scheme 2022) and is subject to a number of strict terms and conditions. The support grant payment which is aimed specifically at the Tourism Sector will be set at 4% of the total Rates, including arrears, for 2022.
Terms and Conditions of the Scheme
Applicants must be the occupiers of a commercially rated property in Limerick City or County, which meets the following criteria;
- Total annual commercial rates demand note(s) must be greater than €25,000 in 2022.
- Applications are to be made by the rated occupier only - Applications by owner or landlord on behalf of a tenant do not qualify.
- The Commercial Rates (including arrears) relating to the relevant account must be paid in full by 31st July 2022 - this date is final and applies if using any payment method other than Direct Debit.
- Applicants paying by Direct Debit qualify under the scheme provided the commercial rate account is paid in full by 31st December 2022.
- The support grant payment can only be made where the annual rates charge and any arrears due are paid in full by the rated occupier. Accounts where a change of Owner/Tenant or the sale of a property has taken place may not qualify for payment under the Scheme.
How to Apply
Applications must be made in writing to:
Tourism Sector Support Scheme
Limerick City and County Council
Owners of Vacant Property can apply separately for Vacant Property Grant Allowance Scheme 2022.
Processing of Support Application
It is proposed to process support payments twice yearly based on the passing of the payment method deadline. Successful applicants will be paid via electronic funds transfer and will be notified via email about the payment – If not an existing Supplier of Limerick City and County Council Bank Account Details are to be supplied with the application form (see below). Incomplete applications will be returned.