For urgent works necessary to safeguard Protected Structures, Proposed Protected Structures, and Structures within Architectural Conservation Areas.
The Minister for Culture, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht has made provision for another Round of the Structures at Risk Fund to assist owners and occupiers to safeguard certain historic structures into the future through making critical interventions to secure their properties into the future.
The main points of the scheme are as follows:
- Structures or parts of structures in immediate danger of significant deterioration will qualify for consideration for funding by the Department of Culture, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht.
- Qualifying buildings will include Protected Structures; Proposed Protected Structures (must be added to the Record of Protected Structures by 31/12/18); Structures that contribute to the character of Architectural Conservation Areas and one Irish Historic House in private ownership.
- Minimum standard award- €15,000, max- €30,000 to a maximum permissible benefit of 80% having regard to other publically funded measures and initiatives.
- In respect of a qualifying Irish Historic House in private ownership the standard minimum grant will be €5,000 and the maximum will be €10,000.
- Works must be designed, specified, and overseen on site, by appropriately qualified and experienced conservation professionals save where the site specific expertise lies with the engaged practitioner (a Thatcher or Mason, for example).
- Works approved under this scheme must meet all statutory requirements including the need for planning permission, where appropriate.
Completed Application Forms, accompanied by all relevant supporting documentation set out in the Guidance Circular, should be submitted to the Conservation Office, Planning and Environmental Services Department, Limerick City and County Council, Dooradoyle, Limerick V94 WV78.
Application forms and accompanying documentation can be accessed here.
Deadline for receipt of completed Applications and the necessary supporting documentation is close of business on Friday, January 26, 2018.
Further Information is available from the Conservation Officer, Mr. Tom Cassidy, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 061-556367 or Ms Jennifer Enright, 061-556177