Limerick City and County Council have prepared a Draft Town Centre First Plan for Abbeyfeale. The Plan has been prepared in line with the new National Policy ‘Town Centre First – A Policy Approach for Irish Towns’ and is regeneration and renewal focused plan, with a view to strengthening the role, image, vibrancy, vitality and resilience of Abbeyfeale town centre.
The Plan is informed by consultation, that has taken place to date and from the valuable input from the Town Team, and the local community, which now translates into an ambitious action plan for the future development of Abbeyfeale.
The Draft Abbeyfeale Town Centre First Plan will be on public display during normal office hours from Saturday 16th September 2023 to Monday 16th October 2023 at the following locations:
- Limerick City and County Council, Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick;
- Limerick City and County Council, County Hall, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick
- Newcastle West Municipal Office, Áras William Smith O’Brien, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick;
- Public libraries in Newcastle West and Abbeyfeale, and;
As a part of this stage of the public consultation process, Limerick City and County Council invites the public to come along to an open drop-in event that will take place on Tuesday 3rd October 2023 between 2pm and 7pm in the Workbase, Main Street, Abbeyfeale (former Provisional Bank), to have your say. It will be an opportunity to review the Draft Town Centre First Plan and discuss items for inclusion in the final Plan.
Submissions or observations on the Draft Town Centre First Plan may be made between Saturday 16th September 2023 and Monday 16th October 2023, via the following methods:
- Online at MyPoint
- Email to email@example.com
- In writing to: Town Centre First, Rural, Community and Culture Directorate, Limerick City and County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick, V94 EH90.
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy, online or email by 5pm on Monday 16th October 2023 for consideration and inclusion in the Plan.
Please note that by giving your contact details you are agreeing to the Council GDPR policy.
Director of Services – Rural, Community and Culture Directorate