NOTICE is hereby given pursuant to Section 13 of the above Act that Limerick City and County Council being the Planning Authority for Limerick, has prepared a proposed Variation No. 1 to the Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028.
Proposed Variation No. 1 to the Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028 comprises of changes to the text in Chapter 7, to provide clarification regarding access to substandard roads.
In accordance with the Planning and Development Act 2000 (As amended), and the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2014 – 2011, a Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report, has been prepared, in accordance with the SEA Directive (2001/42/EC). In addition to this, an Appropriate Assessment Screening Report has been prepared in accordance with the requirements of Article 6 (3) of the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC).
The Proposed Variation and associated environmental screening reports will be on public display from Saturday 18th March to the 17th April 2023 inclusive and will be available to view online at www.limerick.ie/limerick-development-plan and also available to view in the following venues.
- Limerick City and County Council Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick;
- Limerick City and County Council, County Hall, Dooradoyle, Limerick;
- Limerick City and County Council Municipal District Offices in Newcastle West, Kilmallock and Rathkeale.
The Proposed Variation will also be available in all Limerick City and County Council Libraries, throughout Limerick.
Making a Submission
Limerick City and County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make a submission/observation on the Proposed Variation to the Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028, via the following mediums by 5pm on Monday 17th April 2023.
- Online at https://mypoint.limerick.ie/
- Email to email@example.com or
- In writing to Forward Planning, Economic Development and Enterprise Directorate, Limerick City and County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick
In respect of making a submission or observation, please note the following:
- Submissions/observations should include your name and address (if required for identification purposes) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended).
Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. hard copy, email or online.
Written submissions or observations with respect to the Proposed Variation that are made to the Planning Authority within the period stated will be taken into consideration before making the Proposed Variation.
A/Director of Services, Economic Development and Enterprise Directorate