Planning & Development Acts 2000 (As Amended). Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (As Amended). Part 8 Development. In accordance with Part XI of the Planning & Development Acts 2000 (as amended) and Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Limerick City and County Council proposes to carry out the development described hereunder at the following site: Towerfield, Croom, County Limerick.
The proposed development will consist of:
- 16 residential units comprising 2 x 3 bed houses, 5 x 2 bed houses, 7 x 2 bed apartments and 2 x 1 bed apartments, arranged over three blocks of two and single storey buildings.
- Revised junction design consisting of reduced kerb radii to junction of St. Senan’s Terrace & Towerfield, revised roadside kerb line on St. Senan’s Terrace at the Northeast site boundary, new footpaths throughout, and 23 new car parking spaces.
- Homezone and landscaped areas.
- Open space and soft landscaping to private amenity space.
- Boundary works including construction/remedial works and new boundaries.
- Alteration to existing and construction of new site services.
- Decommissioning & removal of existing ESB Sub-Station and construction of new elsewhere on the proposed site.
- Connection to public utilities.
- All associated site works.
Limerick City and County Council has carried out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report and has determined that there is no likelihood of significant effects on the environment. Accordingly, it has been determined that an EIA is not required in respect of this proposed development. Nonetheless any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination.
Limerick City and County Council has also carried out an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report and determined that a full Appropriate Assessment is not required in respect of this proposed development.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and/or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from the 22nd July 2019 up to and including the 20th August 2019 at the Planning and Environmental Services Department, Limerick City & County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Plans and particulars of the proposed development will also be available for inspection from the 22nd July 2019 up to and including the 20th August 2019 at the Customer Services Desk, Limerick City & County Council, Merchant's Quay, Limerick between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Submissions and observations in relation to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated may be made in writing to: Planning and Environmental Services Department, Limerick City and County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick on or before 4p.m. on the 3rd September 2019.
Kieran Lehane – Director of Service
Limerick City and County Council, Dooradoyle Road, Dooradoyle, Limerick.