Planning and Development Act 2000 (Amended). Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (Amended). Notice is hereby given, that Limerick City and County Council has, pursuant to Section 12 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended) prepared a Draft Development Plan for Limerick for the period 2022 – 2028. The Draft Plan includes amendments to the Record of Protected of Structures.
It is intended that the new Development Plan 2022 – 2028 will be the first consolidated plan for the entire functional area of Limerick City and County Council. The new Development Plan will also incorporate the functional areas which are currently covered by the Bruff, Hospital, Cappamore, Kilfinane, Castletroy and the Southern Environs Local Area Plan’s. Upon adoption of the new Development Plan, these Local Area Plan’s will be revoked.
The Draft Plan is accompanied by a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the SEA Directive (2001/42/EC) and the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (S.I. No. 436 of 2004) (as amended), and an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Natura Impact Report pursuant to the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended). A Strategic Flood Risk Assessment also accompanies the new Plan.
The Draft Plan consists of the following:
- Volume 1: Written Statement;
- Volume 2: Settlements and Zoning Maps;
- Volume 3: Record of Protected Structures and Architectural Conservation Areas;
- Volume 4: Strategic Environmental Assessment, Strategic Flood Risk Assessment and Appropriate Assessment/Natura Impact Statement;
- Volume 5: Designated Sites and Record of Monuments and Preservation Orders:
- Volume 6: Housing Strategy, including Housing Need Demand Assessment, Retail Strategy, Building Height Strategy, Strategic Integrated Framework Plan for the Shannon Estuary and a review and update of the Limerick 2030 – A Spatial and Economic Strategy.
The Draft Plan will be placed on public display on Saturday 26th June to the 6th September 2021 inclusive and will be available to view online at www.limerick.ie/limerick-development-plan and also in the following venues by appointment only and subject to Covid 19 Guidelines at the time.
- Limerick City and County Council Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick;
- Limerick City and County Council, County Hall, Dooradoyle, Limerick;
- Limerick City and County Council Municipal District Offices in Newcastle West, Kilmallock and Rathkeale.
The Draft Plan will also be available in all Limerick City and County Council Libraries, throughout Limerick.
As part of the draft process public meetings will be held, by appointment only and subject to government guidance in relation to Covid 19, on the following dates:
- 29th June 2021 – Limerick City and County Council Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick from 10.00 am – 7.00pm;
- 1st July 2021 – Cappamore – Kilmallock Municipal Office, Áras Mainchin Seoighe Kilmallock, Co. Limerick from 2.00pm – 7.00pm;
- 5th July - Limerick City and County Council Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick from 10.00 am – 7.00pm;
- 7th July 2021 – Cappamore Community Centre, Cappamore, Co. Limerick from 2.00 pm to 7.00 pm;
- 8th July 2021 - Newcastle West Municipal Office, Áras William Smith O’Brien, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick from 2.00pm to 7.00pm
- 12th July 2021 – Rathkeale House Hotel, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick from 2.00pm to 7.00pm.
- 14th July 2021 – Limerick City and County Council Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick from 10.00 am – 5.00pm;
The public are advised that an appointment shall be booked in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 061 – 556508, due to Covid – 19 restrictions.
A webinar will be hosted by Limerick City and County Council on Thursday 15th July 2021 at 6pm, on the Draft Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028, log onto www.limerick.ie/limerick-development-plan for more information.
Making a Submission
Limerick City and County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make a submission/ observation on the Draft Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028, between the 26th June 2021 and the 6th September 2021 inclusive, via the following mediums:
- Online at https://mypoint.limerick.ie
- Email to email@example.com or
- In writing to Forward/Strategic Planning, Economic Development Directorate, Limerick City and County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Submissions/observations should include your name and address, a map (if required for identification purposes) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged to make submissions or observations regarding the foregoing.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended). You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the submission will be published in full.
- The Planning Authority is required to send certain written submissions and observations to the Minister. Your written submission/observation, together with your name and address, may therefore be sent to the Minister where required.
- Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. hard copy, email or website. Written submissions or observations with respect to the Draft Plan that are made to the Planning Authority within the period stated will be taken into consideration before the making of the Plan.
Vincent Murray A/Director of Services, Economic Development Directorate Date: 26th June 2021