Community Mental Health Fund small grants initiative.
- Limerick Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) has a Community Mental Health Fund of €30,000 for a small grants scheme.
- The funding is for 6-15 local community, voluntary and sporting organisations to deliver actions or projects which are in line with the Mental Health theme of Healthy Ireland (€2,000-€5000 per action)
- Priority will be given to suitable projects that include the promotion of positive mental health of children/young people or men.
- Indicative actions: mental health training through partnerships/collaboration; living well with a chronic condition; social farming; social prescribing; creative arts programmes; play programmes; actions supporting the Mid-West Connecting for Life plan; infant and children’s mental health initiatives; family support projects; support for trauma-informed practice
Objectives of the small grant scheme
- Support actions to improve mental health and wellbeing of vulnerable groups, in particular children/young people and men
- Tackle loneliness and isolation
- Actions that promote collaboration and partnership with formal mental health and suicide prevention services
- Implementation of actions in community settings>
Who can apply: Community, voluntary and sporting groups/organisations in Limerick
To get an application form:
- Contact the Healthy Limerick Coordinator, Community Development Directorate, Limerick City and County Council, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick; 087 9915873/ 061 557372, email@example.com
- Go to limerick.ie (type Community Mental Health Fund in the search box)
Send your group’s application, by 3pm Monday 20th April 2020 to the above address.
All correspondence will be by email where an email address is given. It is the responsibility of groups to ensure that their applications have been received. The small grants scheme is subject to terms and conditions set out by Healthy Ireland and Pobal.