NOTICE pursuant to: Section 226 of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended and the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended Limerick City and County Council has lodged an application to seek approval from An Bord Pleanála for the following proposed development: King’s Island Flood Relief Scheme
The newspaper notice published on 19th December 2019 had an incorrect date for submissions / observations to be received by An Bord Pleanála. The newspaper notice should have stated that:
Submissions or observations may be made in writing only to An Bord Pleanála (‘the Board’) 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 in respect of:
- The implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned, and
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, if carried out, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site, if carried out.
Any submissions / observations must be accompanied by a fee of €50 (except for certain prescribed bodies) and must be received by the Board not later than 5.30pm on 14th February 2020. Such submissions or observations must include the following information:
- The name of the person, authority or body making the submission or observation, the name of the person, if any, acting on behalf of that person, authority or body, and the address to which any correspondence relating to the application should be sent,
- The subject matter of the submission or observation, and
- The reasons, considerations and arguments on which the submission or observation is based in full.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
Any person may question the validity of any such decision of the Board made in respect of the application for permission by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the Rule of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986, as amended by S.I. No. 691 of 2011), in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 as amended. Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications – Judicial Review Notice on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information Service website www.citizensinformation.ie.
Any enquiries relating to the application process should be directed to An Bord Pleanála (Telephone: 01 8588100).
Joe Delaney, A/Director of Services, Limerick City and County Council, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick