The 2019 SportsAbility Day for people with disabilities is on this Friday 15th November from 10-1pm in the University of Limerick Sports Arena. Limerick Sports Partnership is organising the event, which is open to all age groups and all abilities.
This is a huge opportunity for people with disabilities to try out activities and to make the links to clubs/ organisations/ activity groups etc.
There will have taster activities from:
- Kenneth McNamara - Munster Rugby
- Jason O’Connor - FAI Soccer
- Noel Hartigan - GAA Games
- Karen Case - LifeDock Training
- Joseph Hargrow - Wheelchair Basketball
- Philip Manuel - Para Triathlon Races
- Liz Clifford - Tennis Ireland
- Monika Ceran - Yoga
- Donal O’Byrne - St. Michael’s Rowing Club
- James Mulroy - Judo Assist Ireland
- Dave Fitzgerald - Wheelchair Hurling
- Gerard Quinlivan - IWA Boccia,
- LSP Go For Life Games and Activator Pole Walking
Various groups will have information stands on the day including Irish Wheelchair Association, Employability, National Learning Network, Lifedock Training and Limerick Sports Partnership.
Around 200 participants have already registered for the event, participants are from Brothers of Charity, Daughters of Charity, RehabCare, St. Gabriel’s Special School, St. Vincent’s Special School, Red Hill Special School, Midwest School for the Deaf, Irish Wheelchair Association, National Learning Network and Enable Ireland.
Groups will rotate from one activity to the next (approximately 15 mins at each station). All groups will try out all activities available on the day.
Limerick Sports Partnership are looking for other groups interested in taking part, or if anyone is interested in running a taster activity or having a stand to advertise material for people with disabilities.
Please contact email@example.com.