Limerick City and County Council has announced that it has made a Compulsory Purchase Order to acquire the land and extinguish rights of way necessary to develop the Beary’s Cross Road Improvement Scheme on the N24 Limerick to Waterford Road. Beary’s Cross is the junction of the N24 and the R513 Caherconlish and Mitchelstown Road.
The proposed scheme comprises:
- A new roundabout controlled junction
- Alteration to the present junction layout
- The construction of a new regional road R513 approach to the junction
- The alteration of the existing N24 approaches to the junction, road and drainage impact attenuation, fencing, landscaping, public lighting, accommodation works and associated site works through the townlands of Cloghnadromin, Sandylane and Tobermalug
A copy of the order and the deposit map may be inspected at the following locations from Thursday 12 March until Friday 8 May 2020:
- Limerick City and County Council Offices, Corporate Headquarters, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick V94 EH90
- Limerick City and County Council, Council Offices, Dooradoyle, Limerick V94 WV78
- Mid West National Road Design Office, Lissanalta House, Dooradoyle, Limerick V94 H5RR
- Limerick City and County Council, Cappamore-Kilmallock Municipal District Office, Áras Mainchín Seoighe, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick V35 K497
They may also be inspected online at mypoint.limerick.ie during this period. MyPoint is Limerick City and County Council’s public collaboration and consultation portal.
There are 17 landholdings on the scheme and the landowners will receive statutory notices today (Thursday 12 March 2020).
Lessees and occupiers of the land will also receive statutory notices. Please note the landowners/ lessees/ occupiers issued with notices can make objections to the compulsory acquisition of land and extinguishment of private rights of way that affect them to An Bord Pleanála.
Any objections to the extinguishment of public rights of way can also be made to An Bord Pleanála.
The closing date for receipt of objections by An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01 V902, is 5.30pm, Friday 8 May, 2020.