Over €150,000 available for Limerick groups and clubs.
Limerick City and County Council and Limerick Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) are inviting applications for funding under the Department of Rural and Community Development’s Community Enhancement Programme 2021.
The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) provides capital funding to community groups and clubs across Ireland to enhance facilities in disadvantaged areas as identified in the Limerick Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP).
Funding of €4.5 million have been ring fenced to support community groups and sports clubs impacted by Covid-19, with Limerick’s allocation being €152,942.
The range of projects eligible for funding is wide-ranging and includes:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises.
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
CEP grants are also available for costs associated with reopening of a facility or the sustainability of the facility. These include costs such as utility bills, etc.
Project proposals that have not previously received public funding during Covid in the past 12-18 months will also be prioritised by the LCDC where possible, subject to the overall quality of the project.
For more information, eligibility criteria and details on how to apply please visit Limerick.ie
The closing date for receipt of completed applications and supporting documentation is 12 noon on Friday 09 July, 2021.