Ireland is currently coming out of lockdown imposed due to the pandemic. As part of the government’s Recovery and Resilience: The Path Ahead, various measures have been relaxed with shops, cultural institutions and businesses re-opening to the public. The latest public health measures can be found here.
We are now in the early stages of the Recovery phase of the pandemic. The country will see a cautious and gradual phased reopening over May and June, with an emphasis on outdoor activity and a moderate increase in social contact. The overarching message is to continue to protect yourself and others by following public health advice available here.
Limerick City and County Council offices are currently closed to the public. Customers are encouraged to contact the Council by Phone: 061 556000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Online: My Limerick on Limerick.ie, rather than in person.
Appointments in exceptional circumstance can be facilitated by phoning Customer Service on 061 556000. While the Council's doors are closed to the public, staff will continue to be working in Merchant's Quay, Dooradoyle and district offices; normal regular times of 9am to 5pm. Staff in the Motor Tax Offices in Dooradoyle and Newcastle West will operate from 9.15am - 3.30pm (normal regular hours). Please use online service motortax.ie.
- Government and Health Updates
- Impact on Service Provision
- Community Helpline
- Business Supports
- Travel and Public Transport
- Attractions and Events
A number of services are temporarily curtailed:
- From 2pm on Wednesday 23rd December, Motor Tax public counters in Dooradoyle are closed to the public. Please use Motor Tax online services or applications posted to our offices will be processed.
- From Tuesday 11th May, 2021, Limerick Libraries will be open to the public. To download a full list of libraries re-opening and their opening times, click here.
- Housing Maintenance - Essential maintenance only, please see here for more details.
- Gortadroma Civic Amenity site open to the public on Wednesdays only. (regular hours of 9am to 3pm, closed for lunch 1pm - 1.30pm)
- Dog Shelter operating on appointment only basis.
- Strict social distancing precautions are in place for burials in Council-owned cemeteries around open plots and access during burial remains restricted.
All of these measures are in place to protect staff and customers and to help minimise the spread of Covid-19.
A dedicated community support helpline is in operation from 8am to 8pm seven days per week, for vulnerable people seeking assistance with daily needs. These will include shopping, prescriptions, supplies, information or other suitable requests.
The ‘Limerick Covid-19 Community Response’ helpline is 1800 832 005 or email email@example.com.
- Limerick City and County Council recognises the financial pressures being experienced by certain sectors and encourages any ratepayers experiencing difficulties in paying their commercial rates to get in contact.
- For information about grants and supports aimed at the tourism and hospitality sector as they navigate their way through the Covid-19 pandemic, click here.
- Covid-19 Six-Month Waiver of Commercial Rates FAQs - click here
- Shop Limerick provides an opportunity for hundreds of retailers across the city and county to showcase their online offering with the development of the one-stop platform on the local authority’s website, Limerick.ie. If you would like to submit your business details to our directory of businesses trading online, please download this form and when completed, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Small Business Assistance Scheme for Covid (SBASC), launched 11th March 2021, is intended to target businesses with operating costs that do not qualify for the Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS).
The Business Restart Grant Plus including the top-ups applied nationwide and in certain counties, is now closed for applications. A new COVID Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) was established as part of Budget 2021 on 13 October 2020 and is being operated by the Revenue Commissioners.
The Local Enterprise Office (LEO) Limerick is there to support local businesses and help ensure they are in the strongest position possible in the face of this unprecedented and continuously evolving crisis.
The expert staff at LEO Limerick are there to advise and support any small business experiencing difficulties at this time. Business Advisors will offer a discreet one-to-one discussion by phone or other means to suit the business owner.
Among the supports which can be accessed through LEO Limerick are cash flow supports and supports from Enterprise Ireland... learn more.
If you’re concerned about how the Covid-19 situation could affect your travel plans, we recommend that you check with your airline, tour operator, transport and accommodation providers.
Domestic Travel - You can travel between counties in Ireland.
International Travel - All passengers arriving into Ireland (except those arriving from Northern Ireland) are required to complete a COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form and to have a negative/‘not detected’ result from a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test carried out no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland. If you are travelling from or via a designated state then you must also pre-book and pre-pay for a place in a designated facility for mandatory hotel quarantine. See further information on travelling to Ireland during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Public transport is running at 50 percent capacity.
From 24th December, the office of the Planning Department in Dooradoyle is open by appointment only.
Applications are being accepted by post to our office in Dooradoyle.
As per normal planning applications are available to view online here.
Pre-planning meetings continue to be facilitated by email and or by phone. Please telephone the Planning Department on 061 556556 or email email@example.com to make an appointment, or in relation to any other queries.
- From Monday 10th May 2021, Limerick Museum is open to the public.
- From Monday 10th May 2021, Limerick City Gallery of Art is open to the public.
- For all attractions and planned events we recommend you to check with relevant organisers and/ or venues for latest updates.