Limerick City and County Council continues to provide its services, although delivery of these services is governed by the prevailing Covid-19 guidance at the time.
Our Corporate Buildings in Merchant’s Quay and Dooradoyle, along with the Municipal District Offices in Kilmallock, Rathkeale and Newcastle West and Regeneration Offices are open to the public.
The opening hours are:
- Customer Services (9am-5pm)
- Cash Desk (9.15am-4pm)
- Motor Tax (9.15am-3.30pm)
- Planning (9am-4pm)
- Regeneration Offices (9am-1pm)
Please note there is a limit to the number of staff in the office at any one time, so the best way to contact the Council is via
The appropriate safety measures for staff working in offices and customers/ visitors continue to be in effect and all safe work practices remain in force.
In this regard continuing to adhere to public health advice is of utmost importance:
- Hand hygiene methods
- Practice good coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Wearing of a mask in public offices
Get advice about COVID-19, including symptoms, testing, vaccination and self-isolation here.
- Limerick City and County Council recognises the financial pressures being experienced by certain sectors and encourages any ratepayers experiencing difficulties in paying their commercial rates to get in contact.
- For information about grants and supports aimed at the tourism and hospitality sector as they navigate their way through the Covid-19 pandemic, click here.
- Covid-19 Waiver of Commercial Rates FAQs - click here
- Shop Limerick provides an opportunity for hundreds of retailers across the city and county to showcase their online offering with the development of the one-stop platform on the local authority’s website, Limerick.ie. If you would like to submit your business details to our directory of businesses trading online, please download this form and when completed, email to email@example.com.
- A new COVID Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) was established as part of Budget 2021 on 13 October 2020 and is being operated by the Revenue Commissioners.
The expert staff at LEO Limerick are there to advise and support any small business experiencing difficulties at this time. Business Advisors will offer a discreet one-to-one discussion by phone or other means to suit the business owner. Learn more.
Work Safely Protocol - COVID-19 National Protocol for Employers and Workers.
If you’re concerned about how the Covid-19 situation could affect your travel plans, we recommend that you check with your airline, tour operator, transport and accommodation providers.
International Travel - See the latest government advice on international travel.
From 9th August 2021 the office of the Planning Department in Dooradoyle is open to the public, 9am - 4pm.
Applications are being accepted by post to our office in Dooradoyle.
As per normal planning applications are available to view online here.
Pre-planning meetings continue to be facilitated by email and or by phone. Please telephone the Planning Department on 061 556556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment, or in relation to any other queries.