Publish Date: Tuesday 28th February 2017
- Events taking place across the city and county run by LEO Limerick
Doctor John Teeling, Founder of the Great Northern Distillery and numerous stock exchange listed oil and mining ventures will give the keynote address at this year’s Local Enterprise Week in Limerick which begins on the 5th of March.
Entrepreneurs of all ages will have the opportunity to participate in the 20 workshops, seminars and advice clinics on offer for Local Enterprise Week starting on Sunday 5th March 2017.
Dr Teeling is widely regarded as the father of the Irish Whiskey renaissance, having studied the almost entire collapse of the industry before using his skills and business knowledge to set up a new distillery, leading the charge in the fightback of Irish Whiskey around the world.
He will deliver the keynote address at the official opening of the Local Enterprise Week in Limerick on Monday 6th March 2017 at the Strand Hotel at 6.00pm.
Speaking ahead of the launch, Dr Teeling said he is looking forward to speaking to Limerick’s enterpreneurs: “Ireland’s future economic success will rely on native entrepreneurs. Events like Local Enterprise Week in Limerick give support, encouragement and tools to the risk takers who will create wealth.”
His address will kickstart a range of free events taking place across the city and county for start-ups, aspiring entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Entrepreneurs of all ages will have the opportunity to participate in the 20 workshops, seminars, advice clinics and one-to-one mentoring in areas such as: starting a business, trading on-line, marketing and sales, growing a business through effective leadership and digital marketing, making your business ‘lean’ and being Brexit-ready.
Local Enterprise Week begins on Sunday 5th March 2017 with the national final of Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur (IBYE) competition in Google Headquarters in Dublin. IBYE, which is an initiative of the Local Enterprise Offices and supported by the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation and Enterprise Ireland, achieved an unprecedented number of entries across all 31 LEOs with more than 1,800 young people competing for the €2 million IBYE investment fund.
Local Enterprise Office Limerick is represented by Adrian Fleming of Accuvio Sustainability Software Ltd in the Established Business category.
Head of Enterprise for LEO Limerick, Eamon Ryan said: “Local Enterprise Week is the ideal ‘shop window’ to show the wide range of supports on offer to start-ups, sole traders and small businesses in Limerick city and county.”
“We hope these events will inspire and motivate hundreds of entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in Limerick. Small businesses continue to be the backbone of our local economy, with huge potential to grow and create jobs.”
Local Enterprise Week, which takes place from 5th to 10th March is a collaboration on a local and national scale between LEOs, local business communities, government departments, other units within the Local Authorities, and state support agencies.
Some of the highlights of Local Enterprise Week in Limerick include:
- ‘Lean for Micro’ Information Workshop, March 7th in conjunction with LEO Clare
- Women in Business Networking Event focused on Business Marketing, March 7th in conjunction with LEO Clare. Speakers Gillian Horan, The Pudding Branding Agency and Rachel Walsh, Discover Digital
- Back to Work Enterprise Allowance Information session, March 7th with West Limerick Resources
- Business Planning Workshop, March 8th with Paul Partnership
- International Womens’ Day event with Network (Ireland) Limerick, March 8th
- How to get the most from your Marketing, March 9th with Ballyhoura Development
- Accelerator Workshop for Start-Up, March 9th with ISAX
- Creating a Sales Pitch for your company, March 9th with Limerick Chamber
- Many other events including various one-to-one business clinics to run throughout the week.
LEO Limerick has teamed up with organisations including West Limerick Resources, Ballyhoura Development, Paul Partnership, SICAP, Limerick Chamber and ISAX to deliver the exciting line up of events across the week at various locations throughout Limerick.
Details for all events can be found at www.localenterprise.ie/limerick and LEO Limerick is strongly advising businesses to book well in advance.