Would you like to be able to shoot and edit lots of marketing videos for your website or social media posts but you don’t know how to do it? In this LIVE online course which you can attend from the comfort of your home you will learn what kind of online marketing videos you can make for your business, how you can shoot videos with your smartphone - if you have some additional low cost equipment - and how to edit the footage (using video editing software on a PC) into a marketing video.
How to create marketing videos on a budget to promote your business
(using your smartphone & video editing software on a PC)
Would you like to be able to shoot and edit lots of marketing videos for your website or social media posts but you don’t know how to do it?
In this LIVE online course which you can attend from the comfort of your home you will learn what kind of online marketing videos you can make for your business, how you can shoot videos with your smartphone - if you have some additional low cost equipment - and how to edit the footage (using video editing software on a PC) into a marketing video.
This is a 3 hour LIVE online course which you can attend from your home or office using a PC / MAC / Smartphone or tablet (you will need to be able to hear sound either through speakers or headphones but you do not need a webcam). Please note that the larger the screen you use the better the experience will be.
This programme is not for digital marketing trainers/consultants, website designers or those in the video industry.
This course will be delivered by Evan Mangan of The Marketing Crowd
What is involved in an online course and how does this online course work?
As a course participant you...
- Need to download the free Zoom meeting software prior to the course - we will provide you with a download link.
- Can join the course on a PC / MAC / Smartphone or tablet (you will need to be able to hear sound either through speakers or headphones but you do not need a webcam).
- Will by default have your webcam switched off - this will give you privacy if you do not want to be seen. If you wish, you can switch your webcam on. Your trainer, Evan, will explain on the day how this works. Please note you do not need to have a webcam to participate.
- Your microphone will be “muted” by default once you enter the course and throughout the course - this means that nobody else can hear what is going on in the background of your house or office. It also ensures the smooth running of the course.
- Will be able to "ask a question". You can "virtually" raise your hand and Evan can then unmute you / or you can unmute yourself so you can ask a question. If you do not have a microphone then you can type a message for the trainer to see.
- Will be able to see Evan, the trainer, via his webcam.
- Will be able to see Evan's screen so he can demonstrate how to use the editing software and what to do with your videos on Facebook etc. You will also be able to see the course slides on Evan's PC - just like you would in a physical training course.
- The course will very much be a mixture of Evan talking to the camera and then demonstrating what to do on the relevant websites.
What will we cover?
- Video editing lesson. You will be shown how to edit video clips that were shot using a smartphone into a marketing video. Specifically you will learn.
- How to use a video editor.
- How to add video clips together into one main video.
- How to edit out parts of a clip.
- How to add music, text, transitions, crops, zooms, filters, logo to your video
Following the course you will have access to a video tutorial which provides step-by-step instructions on how to edit a video. You can then refer back to this when you are creating your own videos.
- Examples of 4 types of marketing videos for small businesses that you could consider creating.
- “How to” videos.
- Product demonstration.
- Customer testimonials.
- Company promo videos
- Tips on how to shoot videos using your smartphone including how to interview people, how to become comfortable speaking directly to camera and how communicate the right marketing messages.
- Additional equipment you will need in order to shoot videos with your smartphone such as microphones, tripod, lights.
What type of videos will you be able to create after this course?
- 30 – 60 second videos that you can place on your website or share on social media.
- A “how to” video with you demonstrating how to do something that your website visitors/social media followers would find useful e.g. How to plant spring bulbs; How to make jewellery; How to do exercises; How to do a 3 point turn etc.
- Videos of you explaining what type of service you offer and why customers choose you.
- Videos of you, or your staff, explaining how your product works and what customers love about it.
- Videos of customers giving a testimonial about your product/service.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Business owners or marketing staff who want to start using video on their website or social media.
- Anyone tasked with creating interesting content to share on Facebook and Twitter.
- Anyone responsible for creating content for their website.