This course will enable participants to shoot and edit lots of marketing videos for your website or social media posts. Laptops required.
Would you like to be able to shoot and edit lots of marketing videos for your website or social media posts but you don’t know how to do it?
In this course you will learn what kind of online marketing videos you can make, how you can shoot videos with your smartphone - if you have some additional low cost equipment - and how to edit the footage (using video editing software on a PC) into a marketing video.
Important - You will need to be very comfortable using a PC – this is not suitable for novice PC users as we will be editing videos.
What will we cover?
Hands-on workshop: You will be given some video clips shot using an iphone and you will learn how to edit these video clips into a marketing video. Specifically you will learn.
- How to use a powerful but low cost video editor.
- How to add video clips together into one main video.
- How to edit out parts of a clip.
- How to add music, text, transitions, crops, zooms, filters, logo to your video
- Why video is such an effective tool on websites and in social media.
- Examples of online marketing videos for small businesses.
- “How to” videos.
- Product demonstration.
- Customer testimonials.
- Tips on how to shoot videos using your smartphone including how to plan the shoot, how to interview people, how communicate the right marketing messages, how to transfer the video clips to your computer.
- Additional equipment you will need in order to shoot videos with your smartphone such as microphones, tripod, lights
- Hands-on Workshop – How to upload your video to YouTube and how to share on Facebook.
Following the course you will have access to a video tutorial which provides step-by-step instructions on how to edit a video. You can then refer back to this when you are creating your own videos.
Will you have to spend money on equipment in order to make videos after the course?
After this course, in order to make quality videos you will need to have a smartphone with a good video camera e.g. an iphone or Samsung Galaxy but in addition to that you will need to purchase:
- A tripod if you don’t already have one (approx €40)
- A tripod mount for a smartphone (approx €15)
- A lapel microphone and extension lead (approx €50)
- Video editing software (approx €15 )
All of this comes to approx €120. If you plan on shooting videos indoors you will have to consider buying lights and you can buy these for approx €150.
What type of videos will you be able to create after this course?
- 30 – 60 second videos that you can place on your website or share on social media.
- A “how to” video with you demonstrating how to do something that your website visitors/social media followers would find useful e.g. How to plant spring bulbs; How to make jewellery; How to do exercises; How to do a 3 point turn etc.
- Videos of you explaining what type of service you offer and why customers choose you.
- Videos of you, or your staff, explaining how your product works and what customers love about it.
- Videos of customers giving a testimonial about your product/service.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Business owners or marketing staff who want to start using video on their website or social media.
- Anyone tasked with creating interesting content to share on Facebook and Twitter.
- Anyone responsible for creating content for their website.
- Important - You will need to be very comfortable using a PC – this is not suitable for novice PC users as we will be editing videos.
Education & Training Centre Dooradoyle, Limerick