This short free workshop is designed specifically for the Limerick food community. As food businesses continue to face the challenges of COVID-19, opportunities are also emerging. Our three guest speakers represent three different areas from the food sector – restaurant, online food selling and selling through the retail sector. There will also be an opportunity for Limerick businesses to share their stories towards the end of the workshop.
- 16.30 – 16.35 Opening and welcome by Bernie Moloney
- 16.35 – 16.45 COVID Successes in the food sector by James Burke
- 16.45 – 17.05 Reopening a restaurant by Tom Flavin https://www.strandhotellimerick.ie/ (Tom has overseen the successful restaurant reopening at the Strand Hotel and will share his thoughts on challenges and ideas)
- 17.05 – 17.25 Succeeding with online sales by Robert Bullock https://www.lepatissier.ie/ (Robert re invented his wholesale bakery to an online consumer direct model, and now delivers to over 400 customers per week. Robert will share his journey)
- 17.25 – 17.45 Using free PR to drive your business by Jo Davey https://absolutenutrition.ie/ (Having closed her food manufacturing business, Jo secured an interview with RTE. The public response was so strong, that she had to open her business again within 3 weeks. Jo will share her many recent PR opportunities and expanded social media successes
- 17.45 – 18.00 Q&A and open discussion