Renowned for the breathtaking beauty of its lush green countryside and its vibrant riverside city, its warming energy, cultural delights and its historic sights; Limerick is simply awaiting your discovery.
Designated european City of sport 2011 and national City of Culture 2014, Limerick is continually changing yet quietly constant and will captivate your senses as you uncover its buzzing social scene, fantastic festivals, its abundance of eclectic shops, colourful galleries, theatres, museums and award winning restaurants.
County Limerick is a playground for outdoor pursuits and here you can try everything from mountain biking on the longest trail network of its kind, to golfing on premium championship courses or check out world class rugby at Thomond Park, home of munster rugby.
Living in Limerick: Facts & Figures
- Highest disposable income per capita outside greater Dublin region
- House prices 30% lower than national average
- Limerick is home to the country’s number one post primary school.
- 63% of working population in work in less than 30 minutes
- Most affordable place to buy a home out of 367 cities (12th Annual Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey)
- Limerick is Ireland’s Smarter Travel Demonstration City with an investment of €9m during the period 2012-2016.
- Gateway to the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Former National City of Culture