Capture the Edge and Embrace of Limerick and win a €1,000 camera voucher and the potential for a winning image to appear on a city centre billboard
To celebrate the new Limerick brand Limerick: Atlantic Edge, European Embrace unveiled earlier this year, both amateur and professional photographers are being invited to capture the beautiful contradictions of Limerick’s distinctive character, warm yet gritty; proud yet humble; creative, yet driven.
- We are looking for images that show a different point of view, a quirky side, and exciting angle to Limerick.
- What connects you to our tidal river Shannon, the gateway to the Wild Atlantic Way, our beautiful county or the art, culture and history of the city in a way that exemplifies Edge or Embrace?
- What’s the most exciting or edgy thing you’ve seen in and around Limerick?
- On a more personal level, what experiences have you witnessed that demonstrates Limerick’s warmth and embrace, particularly during the last challenging few months?
We want to see your images about the things that make Limerick special as a place to live, work and visit. The best images will express the two essential elements at the heart of the Limerick brand: Edge and Embrace.
The competition is divided into two categories with one overall winner in each category.
- Amateur Prize: €1,000 voucher for Whelan Cameras, Limerick
- Professional Prize: Month long billboard display for winning photo
Up to ten entries from each category will be shortlisted by a panel of judges with shortlisted images also published in the Limerick Leader and online at Limerick.ie.
One winner from each category (Amateur and Professional) will be selected by public vote through Limerick.ie’s Facebook account.
Closing date is midnight on Monday 12 October 2020 so plenty of time to get shooting!
Short Terms & Conditions
- Images must have been taken between January 2019 and October 2020.
- Entry is restricted to people aged 18 years and over.
- Employees and councillors of Limerick City and County Council, or any company connected with this promotion, are not eligible to take part in the competition, nor are their immediate family members.
- Winners will be announced in early November 2020.
- For the full Conditions of Entry please click here.
For further information please email email@example.com.